Integrated Business Planning (IBP) is the business planning process for the post-recession era, extending the principles of S&OP throughout the supply chain, product and customer portfolios, customer demand and strategic planning, to deliver one seamless management process.
IBP is industry's best practice model. Led by senior management, it is a common sense process for aligning the company plans every month, which will help you to allocate the critical resources - people, equipment, inventory, materials, time and money - to most effectively satisfy your customers, in a profitable way.
In addition to providing substantial bottom-line benefits, the IBP process ensures early focus on any potential gaps in business performance - it allows organisations to predict and respond positively to changing conditions, in plenty of time.
Companies that do IBP well are more efficient, more effective, and make more money than those who don't.
The key to success in implementing IBP:
- People are fundamental
- Education drives behavioural change
- Create internal experts within the company
- Develop multi-disciplined teams
- Consistent processes with clear responsibilities and accountabilities
- Deliver outstanding sustainable results through the integration of business processes and functions, and executive led and managed IBP